Are you taking new students?
- I am currently accepting new students
Where do you teach?
- Online Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday
- In-person at Iolani Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
How much do lessons cost?
Please contact me for current rates. My fee varies depending on the type and length of lesson, such as:
- Individual lessons- one hour
- Individual lessons- half hour
- Group lessons- one hour
How often do we meet for lessons?
- I recommend meeting once a week
What equipment do i need to buy?
Contact me for specific equipment recommendations. Students will need different materials for different ensembles, such as:
- Beginning Concert Band
- Advanced Concert Band
- Hawaii Youth Symphony
- Marching Band
- Stage Band or Jazz Band
How much time should students practice every day?
Creating a regular practice routine is the best way to ensure student success. I adjust my practice expectations for students based upon their musical goals and schedules. Here is a general guideline:
- Ages 3-6: 5-15 minutes
- Ages 7-10: 15-30 minutes
- Ages 11-14: 30-60 minutes
- Ages 15-18: 60-90 minutes