Are you taking new students?
- I am currently accepting new students
Where do you teach?
- Iolani School on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons
- My home studio in Honolulu on weekends
How much do lessons cost?
Please contact me for current rates. My fee varies depending on the type and length of lesson, such as:
- Individual lessons- one hour
- Individual lessons- half hour
- Group lessons- one hour
How often do we meet for lessons?
- I recommend meeting once a week
What equipment do i need to buy?
Contact me for specific equipment recommendations. Students will need different materials for different ensembles, such as:
- Beginning Concert Band
- Advanced Concert Band
- Hawaii Youth Symphony
- Marching Band
- Stage Band or Jazz Band
How much time should students practice every day?
Creating a regular practice routine is the best way to ensure student success. I adjust my practice expectations for students based upon their musical goals and schedules. Here is a general guideline:
- Ages 3-6: 5-15 minutes
- Ages 7-10: 15-30 minutes
- Ages 11-14: 30-60 minutes
- Ages 15-18: 60-90 minutes